Tax Credit and Minimum Guarantee Financing
Start fast. Finish strong.
Sometimes earning a tax credit just isn’t enough. Can you wait to get the funds next year, or do you need it for production right now? We’ve got you covered.
- Provide a loan against an anticipated production incentive
- Issue advances against minimum guarantees/receivables, whereby a distributor commits to purchase a film upon its completion
- Offer competitive pricing with banks, and an easier closing process to maximize the cash available to a producer
We’ll put your production incentive to work right away so you can fund a substantial portion of your budget from the start. We review your production materials, determine the incentive you’re eligible for and, using your incentive as collateral, lend you the capital. It’s that simple.
We’ll provide a pro-forma financial statement to help you secure a loan and/or a commitment from investors.
We can also monetize pre-sales, so you have the Minimum Guarantee in cash, upfront to fund your production; that way, you won’t have to wait until delivery to get paid.
Major Film Finance lenders turn to us.
Major film finance lenders turn to us to secure and finance tax credits for productions, so they can write gap loans. We handle all of the tax incentive details for them because we understand regulations and have the relationships to get the job done right.
*Loans made by GEPF, LLC and EP Financial Solutions, LLC, made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license.
No one is more engaged at every level of the production incentive financing process.
Our pricing is determined by several factors, including:
- Timing of credit certification
- Amount of the principal needed
- Anticipated loan period